AUSTRALIAN SPORTS TECH – U.S.A. TRADE MISSION
(3rd – 10th March 2017)
Expressions-of-interest close 5pm Friday 2nd December. Organisations interested need to contact Craig Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org / 0408 390 930.
The ASTN welcomes members of the Australian sports technology industry to register an Expression-of-Interest and attend an Information Session on the first-ever Australian-led Sports Tech Trade Mission to the U.S.A.
This mission will focus on the segment of ‘sports performance technologies & solutions’.
The planned Discovery, Business Matching & Events Program will provide a unique opportunity for leaders of our sports technologies industry to meet key stakeholders and better understand the US market for market entry or growth.
Commencing with an optional visit to the world-leading MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston (3-4 March) the remainder of the Mission (6-10 March) will focus on the west-coast with San Francisco as a base.
Proposed Program (6th- 10th March 2017):
- Briefings & meetings with elite sporting organisations, federations & colleges
- Briefings on US market entry & growth strategies from leading sports, investment & accelerator / incubator experts
- Some targeted business matching
- Event/s and program (supported by the Australian Trade Commission & the State Government of Victoria)
- Sports facilities tour (and optional sports event experience)
- A unique opportunity to share experiences and explore collaboration with some of your Australian colleagues
Companies must be registered in Australia, and be Australian-inspired sports technologies / expertise.
The focus of this mission will be on ‘sports performance technologies’ including;
- wearable technologies
- sports analytics – data & video
- smart stadia technologies (with relevance to team / athlete performance)
- athlete management & training systems
- instrumented sports equipment & products
- gamified fitness & equipment systems
- virtual & augmented reality solutions (with relevance to athlete performance)
- sophisticated performance & protective wear
Participating organisations will need to be;
- ‘market ready’ or have strong validation of their solution in the Australian market (and / or some international markets), and;
- planning to service and scale into the north American market, or;.
- have a unique expertise relevant to the north American market
Estimated investment to Participate:
- Estimated $AUD 4,000-5,000 per participating organisation (which includes Mission events, subject expert briefings, business matching, tours and profiling in mission marketing materials).
- Excludes flights, accommodation, delegate fees for MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, incidentals and any game-day sports event experience
This opportunity has been developed based on the needs & feedback from our industry. The Mission will proceed based on a formal commitment from a minimum of 15 eligible organisations and finalization of the investment per participating organization by 30th November 2016.
Organisations interested in participating in the Trade Mission must register an Expression-of-Interest directly with Craig Hill (Executive Director of ASTN) by providing the following details;
- Expected attending delegate/s, including position title
- 1 paragraph summary of the product / solution, including any short promo video
- Current status of the business, including exports and international or US market entry
- Size of business (AUD revenue) – in categories ($0-250k, $250-$500k, $500-$1m, $1m-$5m, $5m+)
- ‘Wishlist’ of targeted meetings for business matching (up to 5)
- What do you want to achieve from the Mission?
- Any ways that your organization could improve the outcomes of the Mission for and on behalf of the participating delegates (given timeframes & budgets) ie. existing contacts / networks in-market, etc.
- Whether you plan to attend MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference (3-4 March 2017)
A commitment to participate in the Mission will be required via a deposit. Expressions-of-interest close 5pm Friday 2nd December. Organisations interest need contact Craig Hill at email@example.com / 0408 390 930.
MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference (3-4 March 2017)
Those interested in attending as a delegate of the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference in Boston are encouraged to register directly on the site with tickets going on sale from 24th October.
Export Market Development Grants
Note that participating companies may be eligible for Export Market Development Grants. More information is available at