Andrew Walton – Board Member (Victorian node)
- Founder & CEO – Interact Sport
- Andrew has had substantial experience in Business Management holding senior executive positions within considerable companies (Visy, Email Metals) that included responsibilities and accountabilities across departments for operations, sales, marketing, finance, logistics, production and commercial.
- As a founder of InteractSport, Andrew has been responsible and involved in all activities encountered from start up to grow up and now holds the role of CEO. The company has progressed from providing online sports management services to now include digital and mobile. These have involved clients at all levels of the grassroots chain from clubs to NSO. Currently at NSO level, InteractSport have established partnerships delivering technical and digital platforms for:
- Cricket Australia – MyCricket & LiveScore
- Netball Australia – MyNetball
- England & Wales Cricket Board – Play-Cricket Scorer
- Australian Rugby Union – Rugby Link
- InteractSport is an independent Australian business based in West Melbourne, where the focus is on delivering highly valued and interactive solutions for community sport with a philosophy of “data entered once, flows where it needs to go” across the spectrum for:
- Competition Management
- Participant, Membership Management & Transactions
- Mobile Applications & Websites
- Digital Strategy
- Being passionate about cricket, Andrew is the Head Coach at Melbourne Cricket Club (MCC), currently completing High Performance Level 3 qualifications with Cricket Australia and has many years of experience as a coach at Premier Cricket level at Fitzroy-Doncaster and Prahran. Additional coaching knowledge and personal development has been gained from annually holding a position as specialist coach at Karnataka Institute of Cricket (Bangalore, India) and short term with Middlesex CCC (UK).
- Sports governance experience has been acquired (ongoing) from being elected as a Director to the Boards of:
- Australian Sports Technology Network since September 2012
- Vicsport since November 2015
- Bowls Australia from January 2016
- Andrew has also presented at conferences on the topics of sport technology, community sport, social media and digital strategy including Sports Fan Summit, Sports Without Borders and Business of Sport Summit.