James Demetriou – Chair
- Chair – Australian Sports Technology Network
- Non-Executive Director – Australian Independent Rural Retailers (AAIR)
- Chair – Sports without Borders
- Most recently James was the Chair of one of Australia’s leading learning management system in the RTO sector – FinPa New Media. He was also a Director of The Australian Graduate School of Entrepreneurship at Swinburne University of Technology where he also lectured in the Masters of Entrepreneurship and Innovation course. Prior to this he practiced for many years as corporate advisor in mergers and acquisitions (Middle markets). Between 1999 and 2009 James led teams or originated Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) transactions/investments. His prior years were mainly based as senior associate or special legal counsel at the law firms of Middletons and Herbert Geer practicing in commercial, banking and cross border international and sports law.
- James is an experienced Senior Executive, Director, Business Transformer, Innovator/Mentor and Educator. He has extensively worked with technology startups/ early growth revenue companies; with Middle market companies in M&A; with Multinationals and SME’s in cross border investment; with elite and community sport entities; with VET and Higher education providers and Federal and state government departments.
- A former board director – Essendon Football Club;
- Former Executive Director – North Melbourne Learning and Life Centre (“NMLLC”),
- Public company director of a leading Hotel and resort group
- Bachelor of Laws
- Master of International Business (University of Melbourne),
- Diploma of Education from Monash University
- Alumnus of the Anderson Business School at UCLA.