Nick Brown – Advisor to the Board
- Deputy Director (Research & Applied Science) – Australian Institute of Sport
- Head of Biomechanics – Australian Institute of Sport
- The disciplines of Physiology, Biomechanics, Performance Analysis, Skill Acquisition and Engineering operate in the Performance Science and Innovation Branch along with the AIS Office of Research.
- Nick chairs the review panels for the AIS Competitive Innovation, Research into Action and High Performance Sport Research Funds and is a member of the AIS Research Ethics committee.
- After working as a Podiatrist in Queensland and completing a Master of Health Science at QUT, he obtained his PhD in Biomechanics and completed a post doctoral fellowship at the University of Texas at Austin, USA. He has held appointments in the Departments of Orthopaedics and Bioengineering at the University of Utah.
- In 2007 he joined the Australian Institute of Sport as a Biomechanist for cycling and running athletes. Nick is currently a partner investigator on ARC Linkage research grants with the University of Melbourne, Monash University and the University of Queensland. Nick is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Canberra.
- PhD Biomechanics
- Master of Health Science
- Qualified Podiatrist