This partnership provides growth opportunities for ASTN’s members involved in sports manufacturing / design / research – particularly those in sports apparel, footwear, protective wear, equipment, surfaces and wearable technologies and devices. The partnership does not focus on organisations involved purely in sports retail, wholesale or digital innovations.
Under the arrangement the ASTN facilitates a niche Sports Advanced manufacturing Hub with META. The partnership provides;
- free META membership to sports manufacturers and sports manufacturing start-ups (universities are already META members)
- funding support for a selected number of high-impact sports manufacturing projects
- improved collaboration opportunities between Australia’s manufacturers and the sports industry
- promotion and profiling opportunities for the ASTN and its sports manufacturing members
- short-term funding support for the ASTN to facilitate a Sports Advanced Maunfacturing Hub