ASTN’s ACCELERATOR PROGRAM – INTAKE # 4
EXPRESSION-OF-INTEREST FROM START-UPS CLOSES 29 JUNE 2018
The ASTN is hosting a Sports Tech Start-up Accelerator Program in Melbourne with the support of the State Government of Victoria’s ‘LaunchVic’ Program.
The Program enables the ASTN to provide free guidance & advisory for 15-20 start-ups over a 2 year period. We invite sports technology start-ups to apply for one of four placements available for the 4th intake of the Program over the July to November 2018 period.
Applications are now open for Intake # 4 and close on Friday 29th June.
The ASTN has unmatched knowledge of the sports tech industry in Australia and this is complimented by an extensive network / connections and entrepreneurship education. The Program focuses on;
- improving investment and market readiness;
- assist in developing a business model that is innovative, financial sound & prepares for scalability and;
- accelerating time-to-market to better take advantage of opportunities.
What you get?
- A dedicated advisor, and access to a broader ASTN expert pool
- A total of approximately 40 hours free advisory from an experienced sports technology advisor over a 16-20 week period (av. 3hr per week).
- The advisory program is flexible to the needs of the start-up and may include a combination of:
- Assistance in validation of market opportunity.
- Application ‘Lean Launchpad’ methodology as a tool to develop a minimum viable product
- Market research / intelligence gathering
- Introductions and meeting with aligned organisations in the sports eco-system (as possible partners, customers and service providers)
- Assistance in preparation of pitch decks for investor presentations
- Development of strategic action plan on what can be reasonably achieved over the Advisory program period.
- 29 June – First round applications by close of business
- 9 July – Shortlisting of candidates
- 12-16 – Meetings / discussions with shortlisted candidates
- 16 July – Appointment of new cohort
- 23 July – Commencement of program
Applicants will be required to prepare a pitch deck and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 29th June 2018. The following provides a guide on the themes that need to be addressed in the pitch deck.
- Elevator Pitch
- Traction / Validation
- Market Opportunity
- Target Market
- The Problem(being solved)
- Product / Service
- Business Model
- Revenue Model
- Marketing & Growth Strategy
- IP Position
- Investment ‘Ask’ (as a guide only)
Applicants may attach the following if it assists explaining the business further (optional);
- Up to two (2) pages of pictures, diagrams and / or flow charts.
- A video of no more than three (3) minutes.
Any questions regarding the opportunity should be addressed to email@example.com