The ASTN Startup Accelerator Program enables the ASTN to provide free guidance & advisory for suitable start-ups across Australia.
We invite sports technology start-ups or companies that wish to focus on specific aspects of their development (e.g. sports digital, advanced materials, sports performance & wellness applications suitable for participants and all abilities, and that your product/service/platform/application is driven by technology) to apply for positions available for the 10th intake of the Accelerator Program over the period mid-July to late November 2021.
Why should you apply?
The ASTN has unmatched knowledge and expertise of the Sports Tech Industry in Australia, and this is complimented by an extensive network / connections and entrepreneurship education both within Australia and overseas. It has represented sports tech companies and their interests for over 8 years.
The program will help you to:
- Assist in developing an innovative business model, that is sound & prepares your company to scale,
- Improve the market readiness of your company,
- Accelerate your companies time to market, and or
- If your company already has a product and market, assist in your ongoing development and expansion within Australian and overseas.
- It follows its main mission to ensure Australian sports tech companies are “ Born Global”
During the program you will receive:
- A dedicated advisor, and access to the broader ASTN export pool.
- Up to approximately 40 hours free advisory from an experienced sports technology advisor over a 16 – 20 week period (2 hours per week).
The advisory program is flexible to the needs of the start-up and may include a combination of:
- Development of a strategic action plan on what can be reasonably achieved over the advisory period.
- Assistance in validation of market opportunity.
- Application of the “Lean Launchpad” methodology as a tool to develop a minimal viable product.
- Market research / intelligence gathering.
- Access to ASTN’s training and educational material.
- Validation of your technology product/service/platform/ hardware.
- Introductions and meetings with aligned organizations in the sports tech eco-system (as possible partners, customers, and service providers).
- Assistance in preparation of pitch decks for investor presentations. (“ investment ready”)
- Facilitating presentations to VC and possible investors
Criteria for selection
If you are a sports technology start-up (means a technology-based business with high impact potential, that uses innovation and or addresses scalable markets, and your product / service / platform / hardware is driven by technology)
- Is a Sports Tech Business (* see below)
- Has been established for at least 12 months.
- Has a minimum of 2 full time equivalent team members in the business,
- Is a company registered in Australia, and
- Is assessed by the ASTN as having established a scalable business model.
Sports Tech *
- Social, Marketing and Fan Engagement
- Stadiums and facilities
- Wearables and Performance Enhancement
- Sports Analytics
- Management Technology
- Media, Broadcasting and Sponsorship.
How to Apply
Applicants will be required to fill out the application form by midnight Wednesday 13th July 2021.
The following provides a guide on themes that need to be addressed in the pitch deck:
- Elevator pitch
- Business Model
- Traction / validation
- Revenue Model
- Market opportunity
- Market & Growth Strategy
- Target market
- The Problem being solved
- IP Position
- Product / Service / Platform / Hardware
- Investment “Ask” (as a guide only)
Applicants may attach up to two (2) pages of pictures, diagrams and flow charts and a video of no more than three (3) minutes if it assists explaining the business further (this is optional).
We invite sports technology start-ups or companies that wish to focus on specific aspects of their development (e.g. sports digital, advanced materials, sports performance & wellness applications suitable for participants and all abilities, and that your product/service/platform/application is driven by technology) to apply for positions available for the 10th intake of the Accelerator Program over the period: mid-July – late November 2021
The ASTN is inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe that diversity drives innovation. So, we’re building a culture where difference is valued. We take a holistic approach. We’re always growing our network of people, programs and tools all designed to help our members and program participants to grow and manage their businesses. We foster both a top down and grassroots approach. This gives us the freedom to address the broadest set of initiatives.
Current Cohort – Cohort 9
- Xtremekinetic – Wearables, 3D knitted fly-knit technology, comfortable minimum shoes for exercise, posture improvement.
- Ludus Elite Sports Training Pty Ltd (Ludus) – Online sports coaching platform, including Coach the Athlete Program, Coach the Coach Program focusing on Extended Reality (XR) experiences.
- GreeneDesk Pty Ltd (GreeneDesk Software) – Software solutions across various sports to provide feedback on participants progress, support customer engagement and retention.
- Prism Neuro Pty Ltd (Prism Neuro) – Neuro sensory performance, monitoring, rehabilitation and condition diagnosis software analytics, neuro function testing.
- Vitruvian Investments Pty Ltd (Vitruvian) – Strength and fitness training systems.
- PlaySport Digital Pty Ltd (PlaySport) – Marketplace for all Physical Activity, Play, Recreation & Sport. A new platform designed to inspire, motivate, and connect all Australians to every local activity personalised to their needs.
Cohort 8 (November 2020)
- InsideEDGE Sport & Leisure Planning
- L&L Technology
- Strength By Numbers
Cohort 7 (August 2020):
- Moby Clip Pty Ltd (Fishable)
- Trident FRID Pty Ltd
- Kanga-Tech Pty Ltd
- Netfit Netball – SportFit
Cohort 6 (February 2020)
Cohort 5 (April 2019):
- Alerte Equine Science
- Athletes AI
- CAPE BIONICS
- LASO Trackscan
Cohort 4 (August 2018):
- GAIN LINE Analytics
- Ida Sports
Cohort 3 (February 2018):
- Global Performance Testing
- Hone Product Design
- Modus Innovations
Cohort 2 (August 2017):
- Elite Akademy
- Versus Fitness
Cohort 1 (February 2017):