The ASTN Startup Accelerator Program enables the ASTN to provide free guidance & advisory for suitable start-ups across Australia.
The program is focused on sports technology startups in the following areas;
- Sports digital
- Advanced material and sports performance
- Wellness suitable for athletes of all abilities
The ASTN has unmatched knowledge of the sports tech industry in Australia and this is complimented by an extensive network, as well as valuable connections and entrepreneurship education.
The Program focuses on;
- improving investment and market readiness;
- assisting in developing a business model that is innovative, financially sound & prepares for scalability and;
- accelerating time-to-market to better take advantage of opportunities.
Criteria for selection
Applicants are required to demonstrate that the start-up:
- has been established for a minimum of 12 months,
- has a minimum of 2 full-time equivalent team members in the business,
- has established a scalable business model, and is
- a company registered in Australia.
The program includes:
- A dedicated advisor, and access to a broader ASTN expert pool
- A total of approximately 40 hours free advisory from an experienced sports technology advisor over a 16-20 week period (av. 3hr per week).
The advisory program is flexible to the needs of the start-up and may include a combination of:
- Assistance in validation of market opportunity.
- Application ‘Lean Launchpad’ methodology as a tool to develop a minimum viable product
- Market research / intelligence gathering
- Introductions and meeting with aligned organisations in the sports eco-system (as possible partners, customers and service providers)
- Assistance in preparation of pitch decks for investor presentations
- Development of strategic action plan on what can be reasonably achieved over the Advisory program period.
Applications for Cohort 9 are now open.
Applicants will be required to prepare a pitch deck and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Sunday the 31st of January 2021.
To learn more about the program, including key dates and pitch deck requirements read the full info pack HERE
Cohort 8 (November 2020)
- InsideEDGE Sport & Leisure Planning
- L&L Technology
- Strength By Numbers
Cohort 7 (August 2020):
- Moby Clip Pty Ltd (Fishable)
- Trident FRID Pty Ltd
- Kanga-Tech Pty Ltd
- Netfit Netball – SportFit
Cohort 6 (February 2020)
Cohort 5 (April 2019):
- Alerte Equine Science
- Athletes AI
- CAPE BIONICS
- LASO Trackscan
Cohort 4 (August 2018):
- GAIN LINE Analytics
- Ida Sports
Cohort 3 (February 2018):
- Global Performance Testing
- Hone Product Design
- Modus Innovations
Cohort 2 (August 2017):
- Elite Akademy
- Versus Fitness
Cohort 1 (February 2017):