22nd SEPTEMBER 2021
The Australian Sports Technologies Network has great pleasure in announcing the establishment of the Australian Sports Innovation Centre of Excellence (ASICE) Advisory Council.
The Council’s objective is to provide industry input, external advice and industry connections to the various program activities of the Australian Sports Technologies Network (ASTN) and forms part of the stakeholder engagement regarding strategic and future growth opportunities for ASICE.
The Council will be made up of 6-8 members from across the sports, business, and technology landscape, with the initial members consisting of:
- Chair: Stefan Grun – Director of Marketing & Communications at Yooralla, Chair of No to Violence, Board Sub Committee member of Pride Cup
- Lisa Hasker – CEO, VicSport
- Professor Emma Sherry – Chair of Department of Management and Marketing Swinburne University of Technology, specialising in sport for development.
- Ron Gauci – CEO, Australian Information Industry Association
- Doron Ben-Meir – Chair of InterValley Ventures and Managing Director of Superb Solutions
- Henry Chesbrough, Faculty Director, Garwood Center for Corporate Innovation, UC Berkeley, and Maire Tecnimont Professor of Open Innovation, Luiss University, Rome, Italy
The ASTN Chair, James Demetriou and ASICE Project Lead, Dr Martin Schlegel will participate in the Advisory Council ex-officio to ensure that stakeholder groups are informed and integrated.
“I am privileged to chair ASTN’s inaugural ASICE Advisory Council – bringing together some of Australia’s leading industry minds across sport, innovation, digital, leadership and governance. By providing an independent peer review of the ASICE activities and job-creating impact, the Advisory Council can aim to accelerate greater knowledge, networks and open collaboration for tomorrow’s generations of sports innovation companies and enterprises across Australia” Stefan Grun stated.
“The ASTN is looking forward to be working closely with the various stakeholder groups as part of the Advisory Council. Their insight and industry connections are important in order to anticipate future needs across the sector and align ASICE program activities accordingly“ Dr Martin Schlegel pointed out.
Australian Sports Technologies Network Ltd
Australian Sports Technologies Network (ASTN) provides leadership in the commercialization, development, and promotion of Australian-inspired Sports Technologies. Established in 2012, ASTN is today a world-leading pioneer with over 500 organizations in its national network across the landscape of Sports Digital, Sports Research, Stadium/Venues, Media, Entertainment, eSports, Human Performance, Fan Engagement, Sports Data, Artificial Intelligence in Sports, Sports Equipment, Sports Smart Apparel and Sports Universities